Join us for a half day adventure! We will pick you up from Rotorua CBD and transport you out to Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland, our awesome driver guides giving you commentary along the way. At Wai-O-Tapu, you are introduced to a uniquely different natural landscape – the key to what you see lies below the surface – one of the most extensive geothermal systems in New Zealand. Clearly defined tracks provide the visitor with the opportunity to enjoy the diversity of this area through a series of different walks taking from 30 to 75 minutes or more, each with their own unique volcanic vistas to fascinate all ages.
With the nature of the reserve being an active volcanic area and the undulating terrain, those with disabilities may have some difficulties making their way around the reserve.
We give you enough time to fully experience the park and there is an opportunity to cool off or warm up an a local stream - so bring your towel.
We then return you to Rotorua CBD, giving you enough time to enjoy an afternoon activity. If you don't have anything planned, ask our friendly driver guides for advice particularly the Crater Lake Walk on your return to Rotorua.
Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland – www.waiotapu.co.nz
35km Southeast of Rotorua
TLS departures from Rotorua I-Site:
- 8.15, 12.00
- Includes stops at the mud pool (both trips) and geyser (morning only). Final drop off at visitor centre. TLS pickups from Waiotapu Visitor Centre:
- 13.00 (in Rotorua 13.45)
- 16.00 (in Rotorua 17.00)
- Return transport and entry: $79
- Return transport only: $65
- One way transport: $45
- One way transport with Bicycle: $45
- Child (0-14yrs): half price
- Choose a half-day or full-day return.
- Hot springs are 5-minute walk from the visitor centre.
- Bring a towel, swimwear, and drinking water for memorable soak in geothermal hot springs.
- Always dress to conditions and wear suitable footwear.
- Visit Wai-o-tapu and Waimangu in the same day!