This 4-hour caving expedition packs a lot! You’ll encounter abseils (often in waterfalls), rock climbs, unique limestone formations and get up close to glowworms while exploring this fantastic cave system. New Zealand’s famous glowworms make an appearance – see them up close & personal. There’s no swimming required but you’re definitely going to get wet. This trip is not for the faint hearted. Participants are brave & fit but, you don’t need any prior experience. Full equipment and training is provided. There is a high guide ratio and your safety is assured. If you want a quick fix of adrenaline & lots of fun – this is it!
Waitomo Adventures is 2 hours west of Rotorua. Our epic driver guide will pick you up in Rotorua and safely transport you Waitomo Adventures! From there you are in their hands!
Once you have had the time of your life, we will pick you up and return you Rotorua - stopping in at a couple of sights on the way home.
140km west of Rotorua
TLS departures from Rotorua I-Site: 7.30am
Arrives at Waitomo Adventures Base at 9.30am
TLS leaves Waitomo at approx. 3pm
- Return transport & activity: $276
- Child: N/A – Must be 10 years or over, under 15 years must be with an adult caretaker
- Return transport only: $145
- Child transport only: half price
- Waitomo Adventures has its own transport to the cave
- You will need to bring swimwear, long thick socks (suitable for bush walking), a towel & toiletries for a hot shower afterwards. Change facilities are available on site.
- It doesn’t matter if it’s raining for this adventure.