We know the only way to really enjoy Waitomo’s biggest and brightest glowworm show, is slowly. Rushing through will not do justice to such breath-taking spectacle. Take time to let your eyes adapt and you will be rewarded with the soft glow of many of thousands of glowworms. Walk through the lovely succession of chambers in the Cave of the Spirit to find speleothems, fossil remains of extinct moa and cathedrals filled with natural light, softly falling to the floor.
You will have, 1 guide, 2 caves to visit, up to 12 people in your group and 30,000 or more glowworms to amaze you. One cave we take you on a inflatable raft – their aren’t any rapids in the cave!
Spellbound is 2 hours west of Rotorua. Our epic driver guide will pick you up in Rotorua and safely transport you to the Spellbound base. On the completion of the tour, you have enough time to complete one of our optional extra's or enjoy a leisurely lunch in one of the many local cafes.
Once you have had the time of your life, we will pick you up and return you Rotorua - stopping in at a couple of sights on the way home.
140km west of Rotorua
TLS departures from Rotorua I-Site: 7.30am
Arrives at Spellbound Base at 9.30am
TLS leaves Waitomo at approx. 3pm
Optional extras include:
- Ruakuri Bushwalk (free)
- Troll Cave (extra cost)
- Waitomo Caves Zipline Park (extra cost)
- Arapuni Swing Bridge (free) on return bus ride
- Return transport & glowworm cave: $195
- Zipline Experience: $55 extra
- Troll Cave: $42 extra
- Return transport only: $145
- Child transport only: half price
- Spellbound has its own transport to the cave
- Tours are suitable for people of all ages and average fitness
- You stay dry during the tour, but the cave can be cold so bring a jacket and comfortable walking shoes.