Can't decide which park to see? See both with our full day tour!
Our friendly driver-guides pick you up in Rotorua CBD and transport you to Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland. This wonderland is sculptured out of volcanic activity and thousands of years in the making and is considered to be New Zealand’s most colourful and diverse geothermal sightseeing attraction. Home to unique volcanic features including the iconic Champagne Pool and the Lady Knox Geyser which erupts up to 20m high every morning. Our driver guide transports you to Lady Know Geyser and shows you the largest mud pool in New Zealand!
Around 1pm, once you have fully enjoyed the sights of Wai-O-Tapu, we pick you up and transports you the amazing Waimangu Volcanic Valley.
Waimangu Volcanic Valley is a ‘must do’ eco-experience when you visit Rotorua. Their thermal attraction and sightseeing tours include unique ecology, rare botany and fascinating geothermal features such as steaming volcanic crater lakes. You can also enjoy a boat cruise on Lake Rotomahana, with the amazing thermal activity that can only be seen from the vessel during your boat cruise.
We then pick you up from Waimangu Visitor Centre and transport you back to Rotorua CBD, where you will likely either want a cold beer or a hot soak in a local hot pool!
Operating in the weekends & school holidays and on request during the week.
- 08.15 TLS departures from Rotorua I-Site:
We take you to the visitor centre at Wai-O-Tapu.
- 13.00 TLS pickups from Waiotapu Visitor Centre:
We take you to the visitor centre at Waimangu.
- 16:15 TLS pickups from Waimaugu visitor centre:
We return you to Rotorua by 17.00
- Return transport, Wai-O-Tapu and Waimangu entry & boat cruise: $179
- Return transport, Wai-O-Tapu and Waimangu entry: $134
- Return transport only to both attractions: $85
- One way transport: $45
- Child (0-14yrs): half price
- Waimangu has its own shuttle bus to the boat, but you also have enough time to walk there through the valley.
- Always dress to the conditions and wear suitable footwear.
- Hot springs are 5-minute walk from the visitor centre.
- Bring a towel, swimwear, and drinking water for memorable soak in natural geothermal hot springs.
- If adding on Lake Rotomahana Boat Cruise, it is advised not to complete the extra hiking trail in order to experience the valley comfortably and get back for the return shuttle to Rotorua.