Waimangu Volcanic Valley is Rotorua’s premier tourist attraction and a ‘must do’ eco-experience when you visit Rotorua.
Your tour will start when we pick you up from Rotorua CBD. We will transport you out to Waimangu Volcanic Valley in a comfortable vehicle with an awesome driver guide, sharing stories of the lands. Waimangu Volcanic Valley has unique ecology, rare botany and fascinating geothermal features such as steaming volcanic crater lakes. A protected scenic reserve and wildlife refuge, Waimangu Volcanic Valley geothermal park encompasses beautiful Lake Rotomahana and is set in pristine New Zealand bush. While at Waimangu Volcanic Valley be sure to enjoy a boat cruise on Lake Rotomahana. This beautiful lake has its own separate geothermal system, with the amazing thermal activity that can only be seen from the vessel during your boat cruise.
Waimangu Volcanic Valley is just 20 minutes south of Rotorua.
Once you have enjoyed the amazing sights of the valley, we will pick you up and return you back to Rotorua CBD.
Waimangu Volcanic Valley
35km Southeast of Rotorua
Operating in the weekends & school holidays and on request during the week.
TLS departures from Rotorua I-Site:
- 8.15, 12.00
- Drop off is at the visitor centre at Waimaugu.
TLS pickups from Waimaugu visitor centre:
- 13.15 (in Rotorua 13.45)
- 16.15 (in Rotorua 17.00)
- Return transport, entry & boat cruise: $130
- Return transport and entry: $85
- Return transport only: $65
- One way transport: $45
- Child (0-15yrs): half price
- Waimangu has its own shuttle bus to the boat, but you also have enough time to walk there through the valley.
- Always dress to the conditions and wear suitable footwear.
- Visit Waimangu and Wai-o-tapu in the same day!