Have you ever wanted to draw the curtains; put on a helmet; boots & lots of black rubber; flood the lounge and spend a couple of hours with your friends plus complete strangers swimming around in the dark – including exploring under the furniture – illuminated only by your Christmas tree lights…?
If you answered YES to this question, then Boy have we got a trip for you!
This ripper of a trip combines the best elements of blackwater rafting with walking, climbing, swimming, and tubing through distinctive sections of the spectacular TumuTumu Cave. See awesome cave formations as well as one of the best Glowworm displays in New Zealand.
Waitomo Adventures is 2 hours west of Rotorua Waitomo Adventures is 2 hours west of Rotorua. Our epic driver guide will pick you up in Rotorua and safely transport you Waitomo Adventures! From there you are in their hands!
Once you have had the time of your life, we will pick you up and return you Rotorua - stopping in at a couple of sights on the way home.
140km west of Rotorua
Currently, tours to Waitomo are only operating on request.
TLS departures from Rotorua I-Site: 7.30 am
Arrives at Waitomo Adventures Base at 9.30 am
TLS leaves Waitomo at approx. 3 pm
- Return transport & activity: $248
- Child: N/A – Must be 12 years or over and at least 40kgs, under 15 years must be with an adult caretaker
- Return transport only: $145
- Child transport only: half price
- Waitomo Adventures has its own transport to the cave
- You will need to bring swimwear, long thick socks (suitable for bushwalking), a towel & toiletries for a hot shower afterward. Change facilities are available on site.
- When it’s raining, this cave can be flooded; if this is the case then, where possible, you will be offered an upgraded to one of our other adventures.