Experience both of New Zealand’s best geothermal attractions in one day.
Sculptured out of volcanic activity and thousands of years in the making, Wai-O-Tapu is considered to be New Zealand’s most colourful and diverse geothermal sightseeing attraction. Home to unique volcanic features including the iconic Champagne Pool and the Lady Knox Geyser which erupts up to 20m high every morning.
Waimangu Volcanic Valley is a ‘must do’ eco-experience when you visit Rotorua. Their thermal attraction and sightseeing tours include unique ecology, rare botany and fascinating geothermal features such as steaming volcanic crater lakes. You can also enjoy a boat cruise on Lake Rotomahana, with the amazing thermal activity that can only be seen from the vessel during your boat cruise.
- 08.15 TLS departures from Rotorua I-Site:
We take you to the visitor centre at Wai-O-Tapu.
- 13.00 TLS pickups from Waiotapu Visitor Centre:
We take you to the visitor centre at Waimangu.
- 16:15 TLS pickups from Waimaugu visitor centre:
We return you to Rotorua by 17.00
- Return transport, Wai-o-tapu and Waimangu entry & boat cruise: $169
- Return transport, Wai-o-tapu and Waimangu entry: $129
- Return transport only to both attractions: $85
- One way transport: $45
- One way transport with Bicycle: $45
- Child (0-14yrs): half price
- Waimangu has its own shuttle bus to the boat, but you also have enough time to walk there through the valley.
- Always dress to the conditions and wear suitable footwear.
- Hot springs are 5-minute walk from the visitor centre.
- Bring a towel, swimwear, and drinking water for memorable soak in natural geothermal hot springs.